Low Income Cap Rate
The Texas Property Tax Code requires all property to be appraised at one hundred percent (100%) market value. According to the Texas Property Taz Code the Code the Chief Appraiser is required to use the income method to appraise property qualified as low-income housing under Section11.1825. The appraiser must specifically consider the restrictions on who may rent the property and the amount of rent to be charged. As of January 31, of each year the district must give public notice of the cap rate to be used on all qualified low-income housing properties. The 2022 capitalization rate for Dimmit Central Appraisal District is between 8.5% and 9.5%.
Our Office will be closed in observance of
- January 17 – Martin Luther King, JR. Day
- April 15 and 18 – Good Friday, Easter Holiday
- May 30 – Memorial Day
- July 4 – Independence Day
- September 5 – Labor Day
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 23-25 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 23 and 26 – Christmas Holiday
- December 30 – New Year’s Day Holiday
Carrizo Springs, TX 78834-3216
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.