Low Income Cap Rate
The Texas Property Tax Code requires all property to be appraised at one hundred percent (100%) market value. Also in the Code the Chief Appraiser is required to use the income method to appraise property qualified as low income housing under Section11.1825. Specifically the appraiser must consider the restrictions on who may rent the property and the amount of rent to be charged. As of January 31 of each year the District must give public notice of the cap rate to be used on all qualified low income housing properties. The 2020 capitalization rate for Dimmit Central Appraisal District is between 8.5% and 9.5%.
Our Office will be closed in observance of
- January 18 – Martin Luther King, JR. Day
- April 2 and 5 – Good Friday, Easter Holiday
- May 31 – Memorial Day
- July 2 and 5 – Independence Day
- September 6 – Labor Day
- November 11 – Veteran’s Day
- November 24-26 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 23-24 – Christmas Holiday
- December 31 – New Year’s Day Holiday
Carrizo Springs, TX 78834-3216
8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.